Erika Gentry invites seven photography lovers to join her July 7-14 2014 for a workshop and tour entitled Photography in France: A Photographic Journey. This special tour is designed for intermediate photographers and photography lovers. We’ll visit the world famous Recontres d’Arles in Arles, France. Opportunities to make photographs and visit exhibits from today’s most exciting emerging and established photographic artists are on the agenda. You’re sure to meet several artists and get some books signed too! Email me to hold your spot.
Photographic opportunities abound in this region as well as the opportunity to experience one of the worlds premiere photography festivals, the Recontres d’Arles, to inspire your own work. Experience guided visits of the most contemporary photography festival in the world in the beautiful roman city of Arles, France. Make photographs via excursions to surrounding Provencal towns and subjects explored by the likes of Van Gogh, Gaugin and Koudelka. Get one-on-one help in the photographic field and feedback from expert Instructor Erika Gentry. Experience food, art, culture and camaraderie on this very special guided tour designed for serious photography enthusiasts.
The Recontres d’Arles kicks off the evening of July 7th for an opening week of exhibits, lectures and night-time projections. The festival, with over 50 exhibitions of photography showcased at hertitage sites (12th century churches and abbeys, 18th century townhouses, 19th century industrial buildings) throughout the ancient city of Arles, France includes debates, nightly projections in the antique theatre, awards for photographers and books of the year, a voices “off” festival and book pavillion, guided tours by your Instructor and portfolio reviews by renowned reviewers should you choose to participate.
The tour is designed for intermediate photographers who understand camera and software basics. We will review and critique photographs, discuss capture techniques and put together a slideshow to show peers during the final night of the workshop. While no specific post production processes will be covered – the Instructor is an expert in Photoshop and Lightroom and will be available to answer questions about these topics. Students should plan to be comfortable digitally editing work on their own with guidance.
The tour includes:
- Expert help with your photography in the field as well as critique groups.
- Three custom mini bus day trip photographic excursions in Provence, France.
- Entrance to the Recontres d’Arles Photography Festival (excluding nighttime events) with meet ups for tours from Erika and special guest artists and editors.
- Welcome and end of workshop dinners in Arles, France, all breakfasts.
- The joys of French culture, food and wine!
- A life changing photographic experience.
- Air travel to Arles, France
- Extra meals and beverages
- Personal expenses such as photographic costs, gifts, extra meals & tips
- Nightime Recontres d’Arles Photography Festival Lectures
For more details and questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org